About the Company:
Secretariat is a leader in global independent expert advisory services. Secretariat specializes in business valuation, economic damages, forensic accounting, construction and government contracting, in the context of international arbitration and general commercial arbitration/litigation. Secretariat’s experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering detailed analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
Secretariat’s team provides its clients and their legal teams with technical support to effectively navigate key aspects of the dispute resolution process. Our experts are adept at providing testimony and being cross-examined in arbitration hearings, mediations, and trials across the globe. Secretariat’s professionals have worked in industry and public accounting, and bring a unique perspective to assist clients in growing their business and addressing complex issues.
Secretariat was recently ranked as one of the top 10 firms in Global Arbitration Review’s prestigious GAR 100 Expert Witness Firms’ Power Index, and over 90% of Secretariat’s testifying experts are recognized as leading experts in their field by the independent Who’s Who Legal.
We are currently seeking talented financial professionals to join our office in Toronto, New York, London, or Munich in the role of Associate/Senior Associate.
Successful candidates will join an expanding domestic and international business valuation and economic damages quantification practice. Our Business Valuation and Economic Damages group works on some of the largest and most complex cases in the world, including high profile Investor-State arbitrations, and large international commercial disputes in a wide variety of industries. These cases will give the successful candidate exposure to unique, complex, and interesting issues, which often integrate valuation, finance, accounting, economics, and legal principles.
- Assist with the preparation of economic damages and business valuation reports
- Conduct financial and industry research
- Analyze financial and non-financial information, and summarize and report findings to team members and to clients
- Develop valuation parameters (i.e. discount rate, forecasts, etc.) and prepare financial models
- Assist with the preparation of critique reports examining the conclusions of other experts
- Communicate with clients and counsel
- Prepare for and attend hearings, trials and mediations
- Manage the day-to-day requirements of multiple engagements
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Able to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Able to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, technical, and presentation skills
- Language skills are advantageous given the international focus of our practice
- Willing to occasionally travel internationally
- Requisite professional designations and work experience:
- A CPA and/or CFA designation, or a candidate who is in the process of obtaining a CPA and/or CFA designation
- CBV holder, student, or willing to enroll in the CBV Institute program of studies (for Toronto position)
- Prior experience at one of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms would be an asset
- 1-2 years of prior experience in economic damages and/or business valuation would be an asset
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and we have a hybrid work arrangement policy. We support the continuing professional development of our employees.
Secretariat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
Please click the following to apply: