IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON CBV INSTITUTE PROGRAM OF STUDIES AND 2020 MQE
The Program of Studies is a self-directed study program that is offered entirely online. Course exams in the Program of Studies are written online under the monitoring of online proctors from Examity. As such, the impact of COVID-19 on the Program of Studies is expected to be minimal. Students should be aware of the following:
- Many colleges and universities across North America are moving their courses online, and will be relying on Examity (and other online proctoring companies) to facilitate this. This means that customer service assistance from Examity may not be as prompt as desired. We ask that Students be patient in this regard, while the North American educational community reacts and adjusts to this ongoing situation.
- The CBV Institute Program Office at York University (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be managed offsite over the next few weeks, but will still be available for student enquiries as always.
- At this time, we do not anticipate any delays with respect to the Winter 2020 exam results.
- Registration for the Spring/Summer 2020 term will still open on April 17th.
The 2020 MQE will be written (in person, at exam locations) on September 30th. At this time, we do not anticipate that the MQE writing format will change. However, the health and safety of our Students and the general community is of the utmost importance to us; and we will continue to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19, and will continue to seek guidance from the World Health Organization, governments and public health officials.
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Education and Accreditation, at email@example.com.
The Program of Studies is the foundation to acquire advanced CBV skills and expertise. Leading valuation knowledge and critical intellectual skills prepare Students who will be in-demand internationally as leaders at the top of the growing business valuation field. Curriculum evolves to stay at the forefront of business trends, keeping Students on the front line of business change.
- Students typically complete CBV Institute’s proprietary Program of Studies in two years
- Course exams are written at the end of each course, in either French or English
- Courses are delivered online via the Moodle learning platform, hosted by York University, where Students can access course notes, a discussion forum, previous exams, suggested solutions, and other important information
- All course materials are developed by CBV Institute, in conjunction with CBVs who are subject matter experts in their respective fields
- The passing grade for all CBV Institute courses is 60%
The Program of Studies has four mandatory courses
|Level I - Introductory Business Valuation|
|Level II - Intermediate Business Valuation|
|Level III - Advanced Business Valuation|
|Level IV - Special Topics in Business Valuation|
Mandatory courses should be completed in sequential order as each course builds on the one that precedes it.
Students are required to complete two of four elective courses
|Litigation Support in Business Valuation|
|Valuation for Financial Reporting|
Course registration is closed.
- Course fee refund must be requested within 48 hours of registering with York University
- Refund request is made directly to York University. Please refer to the York University course registration email for information on how to initiate a refund.
- A $50 cancellation fee will be applied to any refunds given
All courses are offered in three terms per year
Winter term (January – April)
Summer term (May-August)
Fall term (September – December)