Our Consulting & Deals practice is growing and we’re looking for a leader who is eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Valuations, Modelling and Disputes (VMD) provides creative solutions and ideas that increase value to clients during critical periods and when they are making important strategic decisions. Practice growth and increased client demands necessitate the addition of a Vice President to our group. Our Edmonton VMD team carries out two principal types of value added services to clients: valuations and dispute analysis services.
Valuations are performed for a variety of purposes, including transaction pricing, regulatory and financial reporting, income tax or estate planning and strategic decision making. Some of our key valuation services include business valuations, intellectual property valuations, fairness opinions, financial modeling and purchase price allocations. Our clients come to us to help them understand the value of their business and its components.
Dispute analysis includes the provision of loss quantification estimates and financial analysis to a broad base of clients including lawyers and large corporations. Services are typically provided either in the context of a business dispute and/or litigation matter. Our clients use our services when they require a rigorous, independent financial assessment of potential losses suffered and, at times, expert testimony in court.
As a Vice President with the Edmonton VMD group, your contribution will involve leading business development efforts across the Deals practice as well as overseeing valuations, litigation support and modeling mandates. You will utilize your experience of financial, business valuation and accounting experience in combination with your professional accounting and valuation designations to further develop and grow the practice.
Your responsibilities include:
- Help clients with complex commercial litigation matters, including quantification of economic losses and/or business valuation, as expert witnesses. Matters include: breach of contract, tort claims, infringement of intellectual property, shareholder disputes, misrepresentations, expropriations, international arbitration, class actions, environmental remediation and construction disputes
- Provide independent, expert valuation reports for a variety of purposes including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), financial reporting, taxation, corporate planning (decision support) and corporate governance. use Independent valuation expertise to contribute to the resolution of legal and financial disputes.
- Deliver in-depth understanding of the value of each entity or asset involved in their transactions, along with relevant technical and industry knowledge, and a true knowledge of the specific factors driving each individual deal.
- Manage the presentation, research analyses and determination of economic losses relating to various insurance and damage claims. Assisting with complex insurance claims including: assessment of the existence & valuation of inventory; business interruption losses; assessments of financial motives; product recall, contamination and damage claims and more.
- Help boards and special committees arrive at informed decisions, by providing independent, credible perspectives as to whether a proposed transaction is fair, demonstrating you have weighed advice from credible, independent and objective sources.
- Establish credibility with existing clients by demonstrating subject matter expertise and knowledge. Contribute to pursuit teams and proposal development including innovative approaches and methodologies tailored to address specific client requirements.
- Lead the VMD team in Edmonton, coaching and supporting team development and sharing technical knowledge across the global PwC network;
Education & Competencies:
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- A completed Accounting or Financial Designation or a completed MBA
- Minimum of 5+ years progressive experience in accounting, financial and business valuation
- Extensive expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgets, billing and collections, financial planning, reporting, and managing resource requirements
- Strong commitment to identifying and addressing client needs and building client maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement
- Proven ability to manage project workflows and deliver on time
- Proactive, takes ownership of tasks and assignments, accepts responsibility for outcomes;
- Experienced at preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising diverse teams (PwC, Partner, Independent Contractor, Off-Shore) to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
The position is based in Edmonton, although candidates need to be receptive to travel when required.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. More than 6,500 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 180,000 people in 158 countries.
Consulting & Deals:
In our Consulting & Deals (C&D) practice, you’ll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise. It’s a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You’ll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: financial services; technology and communications; mining and energy; as well as within the public sector. Working with our professional’s means you’ll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
Why Work for PwC:
- Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring
- Diversify your client experience by working directly with leading-edge public and private clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries
- Participate in our community, environmental and sustainability activities
- Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find better flexibility with work and other parts of your life
To apply for this role, click here: http://bit.ly/16Tgv3W.
Alternatively, contact Samuel Morgenstein, Senior Sourcing & Recruitment Specialist, Consulting & Deals Practice: 416-815-5273.