Ernst & Young
Valuation & Business Modelling Experienced Manager or Senior Manager
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY’s Valuation & Business Modelling practice is currently looking for 2 professionals an Experienced Manager or Senior Manager to join our Valuation team in Calgary.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 141,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
About Valuation & Business Modelling
As part of EY’s V&BM practice we are committed to providing the highest quality strategic valuation services for matters such as acquisitions, divestitures, financings, reorganizations, financial reporting, dispute resolution and decision making. The V&BM team helps clients understand the value of their business, their securities, intellectual property, capital equipment, intangibles, and other assets. Our services include:
- Formal valuation opinions that may be required for compliance, regulatory or other purposes.
- Fairness opinions to help companies fulfill their fiduciary duties by providing independent financial analysis for shareholders and boards of directors.
- Valuation analysis and estimates for strategic planning, tax reorganizations and a variety of other purposes.
- Financial Reporting – Recommendations of fair value of tangible and intangible assets to support financial statement assertions (e.g., purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment, asset impairment, investments in private companies, complex securities, financial instruments, etc.).
- Litigation Support – Expert assistance and advice on financial and economic issues to assist clients in resolving disputes.
- Business Modelling – Decision analysis models, risk assessment models, business planning models, reporting, asset management, and other complex data analysis requirements. Services include model design, build and review.
You will be responsible for leading and participating in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, including: gathering relevant supporting information; analyzing market and research information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation models; and preparation of formal and informal valuation reports for a variety of matters such as tax, financial reporting, valuations, and litigation matters. This position requires experience to cultivate and manage client relationships, manage multiple engagements and develop and manage staff. .
You will expand and strengthen existing client relationships by participating in internal and external business development activities. The Experienced Manager or Senior Manager role requires a demonstrated ability to develop new client relationships with key clients under the guidance of the practice leaders.
- serve as a member of and lead on multiple client engagement teams;
- identify issues and propose solutions;
- actively contribute to report writing and detailed valuation analyses and financial modelling;
- maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients;
- demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members;
- support the development of junior team members;
- stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and
- use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
We are interested in candidates who have:
- Canadian CPA designation (or equivalent);
- CBV designation (or equivalent);
- Minimum 5 years of experience in performing valuations, including a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role in an accounting firm setting;
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships;
- Ability to synthesize client information and understand key business drivers;
- Ability to anticipate and resolve valuation and project management issues;
- Demonstrated strong people management skills;
- Strong computer and financial modelling skills;
- Committed to staying at the cutting edge of financial and accounting standards as relates to valuation matters;
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills; superior analytical skills; demonstrated project management skills; and an energetic attitude toward successful project completion as well as ongoing business development;
- Prior energy and renewables industry valuation experience would be considered an advantage; and
Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines within EY’s Transaction Advisory Services practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary.
If interested in this role, please email your resume to email@example.com
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.