Build relationships and see how they open new pathways to excellence.
Our Consulting & Deals practice:
Our extensive selection of services provides businesses with the value they’re looking for. Through expert advice and assistance based on our financial, analytical and business process skills, we enhance the performance of companies of all sizes. Our clients value our ability to draw on our national and international network of professionals to deliver fast, proven results.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our growing Deals, Value Creation team to work on high-profile clients seeking decision-making support in executing transactions, transformations and/or transformative investments to increase shareholder value, spanning a broad range of industry sectors. You’ll provide insight and quantifiable analytics and financial modelling support to senior management in making critical business decisions. The individual that fills this position will be responsible for supporting business development, delivering and overseeing mandates, and developing the team and our value creation practice.
This is a hands-on client advisory role combining sales and delivery responsibilities in a complex and integrated transaction environment working alongside other transaction services` team, with the opportunity to exercise leadership. The successful candidate will have a track record of structuring, leading and delivering complex financial modelling and/or analytics driven assignments to clients in a professional services environment.
As a Senior Manager, you will be supporting a broad range of assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and stakeholders of our clients. Typically you will work with clients to build financial models off various types and objectives or analytical/visualization tools to generate insights for decision making and to enhance shareholder value:
- Demonstrate proven expert-level financial modelling skills across a number of business contexts supported by strong project management capabilities, addressing thoroughly and consistency client needs:
- Deliver analytical modelling and visualization to generate key insight supporting decision making in transaction execution, transformation opportunities and/or structural investments;
- Drive post-deal performance transparency (cash forecasting, strategic planning, and reporting) and value creation to support the investment thesis through a technology enabled approach e.g. margin optimisation, strategic options analysis and operational effectiveness.
- Develop and sustain deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities;
- Prepare and present complex written and verbal proposals, engagement letters and various materials;
- Define resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections.
- Demonstrate proven expert-level abilities and success with leading teams by generating a vision, establishing direction and motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging improvement and innovation.
- Collaborate with team members within Value Creation and across Deals
With respect to Responsibility for value insight through financial modelling, analytics and visualization, you will:
- Lead multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to use data analysis, modelling and visualisation to support a businesses across the deal spectrum driving value creation activities
- Drive development for clients of financial models to analyze transaction, investments, structural decisions, liquidity and cash flow positions and support strategic decision making
- Drive development for clients of analytical models and data visualization to analyze transaction, investments, structural decisions, liquidity and cash flow positions and support strategic decision making;
- Help client management develop and implement deal strategies, deal execution, due diligence and synergy assessment, operational transformation programme and post-merger integration
- Interface directly with client management (all levels including C-Suite), key stakeholders and advisors
- Structure and clarify complex problems and business scenarios within tight deadlines, reducing ambiguity as the project progresses and finding on-sell opportunities to expand the scope of the project
- Prepare clear and concise presentations of complex concepts and their business benefits, risks and opportunities to key stakeholders to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions (e.g. Board of Directors, Private Equity investor, Senior Management, etc.)
- Completion of an undergraduate degree (MBA or Msc an asset);
- CFA, CBV and/or CPA designation as asset;
- 7+ years corporate, private equity, corporate finance, investment banking or advisory experience;
- Experience driving financial analysis, strategy and transactions, supported by financial model or analytics development and ability to present information effectively to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong networking capabilities to support our services internally or externally
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical skills; strong commercial, operational and financial acumen; ability to understand quickly business models and key drivers, and structure financial models, analytical modelling and visualization tools
- Passion for innovation, technology and new tools, and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g. quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges)
- Ability to coaching and managing multiple project teams concurrently, and for developing more junior members of the team
- Expert level Excel proficiency to develop robust financial models
- Experience in developing deliverables in one or more visualisation tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience with data structuring and use of one or more related software packages such as Alteryx or SQL
- Willing to travel throughout Canada, with the potential to travel outside of Canada, depending on client requirements. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in English and French
Why Work for PwC
We know there’s no “one-size-fits-all” concept when it comes to flexibility. Everyone defines flexibility differently depending on your career and personal goals and stage in life. As part of our PwC culture, we know that to be at your best, you need time to rest, refresh and recharge. Our myLife flexibility programmes provide you with the opportunities to meet both your family and career needs.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.