- Responsible for supporting the evaluation and execution of mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic-initiative activities for the enterprise.
- Provides analytical support for financial analysis of strategic M&A transactions. Analysis includes but is not limited to preparing discounted cash flow models, comparable trading tables and precedent transaction tables.
- Works closely with other Global Functions units during the due diligence phase of a transaction to address issues required to optimize shareholder value and minimize transaction associated risks.
- Prepares transaction presentations and M&A ‘pitchbooks’ to assist the Group Executive with the strategic decision-making process.
- Assisting the Corporate Development Group in all elements of internal consulting services provided to the firm’s business groups, including, but not limited to: market research, trend analysis and competitor/target assessments.
- Other duties as assigned by senior Corporate Development staff.
Knowledge / Experience
- Honours-levelUniversitydegree in Business/Finance/Economics/Math or similar field;
- 2-4 years of accounting, financial modeling, valuation and/or transaction experience
- Above average analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong research, corporate finance, financial accounting, financial modeling, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong independent work ethic and teamwork abilities
- CA or CBV designation
- Enrolment in the CFA program
- Knowledge of the global financial institution industry
Education Required BBA/BComm/BA