Working at KPMG allows you to gain valuable on-the-job experience while building your professional network and business acumen. Being part of the KPMG Global member firm of 155 countries and 174,000 professionals, you’ll be part of a high performing team and have access to ongoing professional development and mentorship at every level. You will work with national and global organizations, adding value and gaining valuable on-the-job experience. At KPMG, we’ll provide you with the support to drive your own career and discover the countless opportunities available. With one of the largest teams of accredited business valuators in Canada, KPMG is a respected leader in the provision of valuations and fairness opinions. KPMG clients receive the attention of dedicated senior valuation professionals who remain actively involved in all aspects of the engagement. Valuations are often subject to third-party scrutiny. KPMG professionals monitor the changing laws and sensitivities of regulators, standard-setting bodies, taxing authorities, and the courts. We adopt an anticipatory mindset to help ensure that contentious issues and potential objections are recognized and addressed prior to issuing our report. Our valuation approach is rigorous. We invest the time required to understand the subject business, consulting with professionals from KPMG International’s global network as necessary. We combine our theoretical knowledge of sophisticated financial techniques with our practical understanding of capital markets. We excel when faced with complex and unusual issues. Our conclusions are well supported and our reports clear and concise. We always strive to deliver on time.
We are seeking a Valuations professional with 5 plus years of relevant experience to join our Valuations team in our Vancouver Office.
Role and Responsibilities
This position involves advising public and private businesses operating in a variety of industries on valuation issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing valuation assignments in support of the purchase and/or sale of a business, tax planning, financial reporting and litigation.
- Conducting economic and industry research and detailed financial analysis.
- Drafting and reviewing valuation reports.
- Leading a range of valuation projects concurrently and assuming responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery of service on projects.
- Undertaking engagement and practice management responsibilities including billings and adherence to professional practice requirements.
- Managing, mentoring and training junior valuations professionals.
- Supporting business development activities and contributing to the growth of the practice through the development of external and internal relationships.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills and Qualifications
- Business degree with a minimum of five years’ work experience working in the area of accounting and/or finance.
- A professional accounting or finance designation (CPA, CA and/or CFA).
- Completion of the CBV program.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a regional or national accounting practice is considered an asset.
- Proficiency working with Word, Excel and/or Powerpoint.
- Experience building and reviewing financial models
- Demonstrated experience or ability in training, and developing team members
- Highly motivated, committed, self-starter and ability to prioritize work with changing priorities.
- Must be willing to travel within and across Canada
Please apply for this position on KPMG’s website.