Grant Thornton is looking for a Manager who will focus on Valuation and Litigation Support. You will play an integral role in executing client engagements. This individual will work closely with the partner in the development and growth of Grant Thornton’s Valuation and Litigation Support practice, offering exceptional prospects for career advancement.
Why choose Grant Thornton?
At Grant Thornton you can make a difference every day. We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm, allowing us to be down the street from clients, not just downtown. We are independent in Canada with access to global resources, expertise and opportunities. Our professionals are renowned experts in their field who provide high level technical expertise. A greater variety of client files to work on means that, at Grant Thornton, you can do more, faster. We provide a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We respect people’s lives outside of work and provide flexibility, where possible. Our firm is recognized for quality, and we are a trusted brand on the move!
A career in Advisory Services with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of business advisory services;
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path;
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field;
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion; and
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
• As a highly motivated professional, in this role you will be expected to focus on Valuation and Litigation Support.
As a Manager, Valuation and Litigation Support some of your responsibilities will include:
• Managing valuation and litigation support engagements;
• Drafting valuation reports for the purposes of shareholder transactions, corporate reorganizations, income tax planning, and financial reporting;
• Performing valuation for financial reporting;
• Assist in litigation matters including preparation of expert reports for shareholder disputes, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties engagements;
• Building detailed valuation and financial models including sensitivity analysis;
• Preparing correspondence with client;
• Attend and participate in meetings with clients and their advisors;
• Support the development of junior team members;
• Involvement in the development of best practices within the group and administrative duties; and
• Active participation in the development and growth of our Valuations and Litigation service offering.
Our Unique Culture
We are committed to the professional growth of our employees. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on a combination of individual and team achievements. At Grant Thornton you’re sure to work with consummate professionals who love what they do. Our people truly make us different. Why is this important? Your career grows when you work with industry leading professionals on interesting assignments.
At Grant Thornton, we believe in investing heavily in your career development. Our environment is friendly – a supportive and down-to-earth atmosphere with a strong client focus, as well as a healthy work and life balance.
The skills and attributes required for this position include:
• CPA, CA designation;
• CBV designation or close to achieving the designation;
• 3 to 5 years valuation experience;
• Proven track record high level performance;
• Strong financial analysis skills and understanding of financial statements as well as solid financial modeling capabilities;
• Experience with MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Strong business writing and communication skills;
• Detail oriented and ability to juggle multiple assignments and projects simultaneously;
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to a dynamic environment;
• Strong problem solving skills;
• Team player with a positive attitude;
• Willingness to work through peak periods, as required;
• A strong desire to help clients succeed in all aspects of their operations;
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team, seeing a project from start to finish; and
• The ability to talk to and meet with people at various levels throughout an organization from a client service and business development perspective; and
• An interest in business development.
Location: Toronto (travel to client locations and other Grant Thornton offices in Ontario will be required periodically)