Teekay Corporation is one of the world’s largest marine energy transportation, storage and production companies with transnational operations across its core businesses, including liquefied natural gas (LNG) and crude oil shipping and offshore oil and gas production and logistics operations. With total assets of over $12 billion, approximately $6.3 billion of secured future growth projects, and four publicly-listed companies, Teekay is uniquely positioned to build on its successful growth path. The Teekay Group includes 4 New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listed public companies – Teekay Corporation (NYSE: TK), Teekay LNG Partners L.P. (NYSE: TGP), Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (NYSE: TOO) and Teekay Tankers Ltd. (NYSE: TNK).
In Financial Advisory & Analysis, we focus on Teekay’s worldwide growth by determining appropriate acquisitions and investments and helping to plan for the future.
In this role, you will be part of a high-performance team of financial specialists who work closely with our Senior Management and the various Boards of Directors in evaluating and executing our overall corporate strategy. You will be responsible for creating and using various financial forecasts and financial models as tools to analyze strategic investment decisions, act as a financial advisor to Teekay LNG Partners L.P., and provide strategic input into how to optimize its capital and financial structure and maximize shareholder value.
This is a great opportunity to hone your analytical mind while making a meaningful impact on the future of a large international company that is a leader in its industry.
- Managing Teekay LNG’s long-term financial forecasts and projections which support Senior Managements decisions. Various members of the team will provide parts of the forecast which will then be consolidated and specific metrics are generated from this for planning and decision-making purposes.
- Managing a team of Financial Analysts. This entails responsibility over the work that is produced by the team and managing the development and performance of each individual on the team.
- Being part of the decision-making team, you will work closely with other members of the finance and accounting team and Senior Management. You will be responsible for preparation of materials for quarterly Board meetings, analyze the economics of key investment decisions, provide input for presentations to Senior Management and help in developing financial materials for various external parties such as commercial banks, rating agencies, and investors.
- Acting as a financial advisor to Teekay LNG by overseeing the preparation of various financial analyses such as business valuations for internal reporting and external M&A opportunities, risk quantification, analysis of long-term contract proposals and divestment decisions. In short, you will be responsible for the quality and timeliness of detailed financial analysis for capital allocation decisions.
- You have a strategic mindset and ability to evaluate and apply complex financial concepts together with our business plans to develop and maintain our financial strategies.
- Supporting the Company’s Corporate Units. This includes overseeing a number of valuations for Accounting and Tax, such as goodwill reporting, financial derivatives, asset impairment tests, and inter-company contracts.
- You bring sound quantitative skills, strategic thinking and business judgment along with humility, a good sense of humor and the ability to think innovatively and creatively. You are a team player who wants to make a difference.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and support for other companies in the Teekay Group.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills
- Professional qualifications: CA or CGA and CFA or CBV. Exceptions are possible with proven equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills are essential along with a working knowledge of valuation/finance theory and techniques.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to communicate complex financial concepts in an understandable manner to non-financial personnel.
- A strong grasp of US GAAP financial reporting rules and standards is needed in-order to bridge current financials to forecasted financials.
- Must be a problem solver and have a keen eye for detail.
- High proficiency with Excel. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- Business curiosity, the ability to identify strategic issues and think outside the box.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Customer focus.
- Management skills as a teacher and as a coach for the team.
- Proven strengths in corporate finance, economics, and business development.
- Experience in offshore oil and gas.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and probabilistic models.