Why choose Grant Thornton?
At Grant Thornton you can make a difference every day. We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm, allowing us to be down the street from clients, not just downtown. We are independent in Canada with access to global resources, expertise and opportunities. A greater variety of client files to work on means that, at Grant Thornton, you can do more, faster. We provide a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We respect people’s lives outside of work and provide flexibility, where possible. Our firm is recognized for quality, and we are a trusted brand on the move!
A career in our Advisory Services [Business Valuation and Litigation Support] team with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Work with a team of professionals including business valuators, Chartered Professional Accountants and other professional advisors who are committed to and understand entrepreneurial people and organizations;
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and expand your chosen career path;
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are renowned in their field;
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaboration and discussion;
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects;
• Work with purpose and have a meaningful impact on our clients, staff and partners; and
• Advance at pace with your skills and experience.
As a Manager in Advisory Services your responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the preparation of valuations of assets and business interests for a wide range of purposes including: mergers and acquisitions, taxation, management buy-outs, matrimonial and shareholder disputes;
• Develop financial models and analysis for litigation support and business loss quantification engagements;
• Provide financial due diligence services to clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions;
• Draft valuation, expert, and due diligence reports; and
• Maintain a business development mind set which focuses on development of relationships and actively anticipating client and market needs.
Our unique culture
Our clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. We have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers for which they can be proud. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
The skills and behaviours required for this position include:
• Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA and CBV);
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to work with and develop complex financial models;
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Outlook;
• Working knowledge in both financial accounting and financial statement analysis;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Confident and team focused, able to interact well with peers and clients;
• Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail;
• Well-developed analytical and program-solving skills;
• Engagement, file preparation and project management skills; and
• A client-focused approach to work.
The following skills would be considered an asset:
• Previous business valuation, litigation support, financial due diligence or merger and acquisition experience;
• Previous experience with or working knowledge of financial institutions; and
• Demonstrated interest in sales and business development.