Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc.
Ernst & Young’s people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc., a specialty practice within Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory Services, is the dominant mid-market investment bank in Canada. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and valuations and has been advising clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities for more than 30 years. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
Responsibilities – We are looking for someone that can:
- Project manage acquisition, merger, divestiture and financing assignments
- Develop and review financial models within broadly defined guidelines
- Synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Autonomously lead the drafting of market facing materials (i.e. pitches, marketing documents, etc…) with minimal review and involvement of VPs
- Prepare and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and potential clients
- Interface with client management on a daily basis on transaction-related matters
- Work on small engagement teams of 2-3 people, while managing junior resources
- Work on a multiple client engagements and marketing opportunities simultaneously
- Support the SVPs and VPs in identifying and exploring potential new business
Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree in business with concentrations in finance and/or accounting plus CA, CFA, CBV or MBA
- Minimum 5-6 years experience in financial analysis and transaction/financing execution (i.e. M&A, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate Development, etc…)
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Experience with financing / capital structuring
- Bilingual with strong French and English oral and writing skills
- Understanding of key business drivers
- Experience working in small teams and developing/coaching/mentoring junior-level staff
- US Broker Dealer license and Canadian Securities Institute licensing are or will be required
The successful candidate for this position will have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, superior analytical skills, and proven project and people management skills. Candidates will need to demonstrate a “roll up the sleeves” attitude with high levels of creativity, enthusiasm and team-work.
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity
Interested applicants are asked to apply online on our EY Careers Website
at www.ey.com/CA, under requisition MON000GT.