Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc.
Ernst & Young’s people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc., a specialty practice within Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory Services, is the dominant mid-market investment bank in Canada. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and valuations and has been advising clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities for more than 30 years. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
Responsibilities – We are looking for someone that can:
- Develop financial models within broadly defined guidelines
- Synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Prepare the 1st draft of marketing materials and financial models
- Prepare the 1st draft of presentations for client meetings
- Support other members of the team in identifying and exploring potential new business
- Support transaction execution for buy side, sell side and financing assignments
- Interface with client management on transaction related issues
- Work on multiple client engagements and marketing opportunities simultaneously
Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree in business with concentrations in finance and/or accounting
- CA designation considered a plus
- CBV or CFA to be commenced in due course or in progress
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial analysis or transaction execution (i.e. M&A, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Commercial Banking or Corporate Development)
- Experience in the preparation of financial models and external presentations
- Bilingual with strong French and English oral and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task within a specific assignment as well as work with multiple engagement teams at the same time
- Strong knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT required
The successful candidate for this position will have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, superior analytical skills, and proven project and people management skills. Candidates will need to demonstrate a “roll up the sleeves” attitude with high levels of creativity, enthusiasm and team-work.
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity
Interested applicants are asked to apply online on our EY Careers Website
at www.ey.com/CA, under requisition MON000GS.