Fonds de Solidarité FTQ
You want to join a company focused on people, advocating a mobilizing approach that stimulates its people to grow and exceed, and knows how to put in place what it needs to retain and stimulate its talents? Fonds de Solidarité FTQ is this kind of employer. Add to the mix the pride that one can feel to work for a company with a social and economical mission centered on the Québec development, and you have all the necessary ingredients to motivate you to build a career with us.
Working with the Fonds is being part of Québec history! Join us, we are expecting you!
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Evaluation Advisor
Are you interested in this position? You will become a key individual in the organization, as you will be required to determine the fair value of an important part of the investment portfolio and update it biannually. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will have to actively participate in the investment opportunities analysis process of Fonds de solidarité FTQ and its subsidiaries. In this role, you will serve as an Expert Advisor with the Investment clientele, for all the financial issues that may be raised during the investment projects analysis, and more particularly on questions related to business valuation and other financial instruments.
- Performing biannual assessment of an investment portfolio held directly; more precisely, reviewing the qualitative and quantitative information obtained, determining the assessment method, documenting your work hypotheses and performing various analyses and calculations to support the value;
- Performing annual assessment of indirectly held investments through certain mutual funds, mostly those held by the regional funds;
- Acting on a regular basis as Advisor in multidisciplinary teams on all financial issues, and particularly on questions related to business valuation and other financial instruments;
- Taking part in monthly portfolio reviews initiated by the Investment team;
- Supporting Development Officers on a regular basis for financial analysis mandates coming from affiliated unions to FTQ; more specifically, obtaining useful information, analyzing the situation, identifying the key factors regarding the received mandate, preparing a presentation document and delivering your findings as the Fonds’ Expert Representative;
- Informing financial analysts and financial management on a regular basis about modifications in the value of portfolio investments;
- Monitoring current events in business valuation and sharing the information with team members during watch activities. Following on current events related to the sectors of activity that you are responsible for, and keeping regular contacts with Investment Advisors in this regard;
- Creating, developing and updating the analysis, research and follow-up tools appropriate for investment assessment;
- Cooperating with the review of the assessment principles used for the investment portfolio, as well as recommendations for change when needed;
- Supporting the Investment Advisor on a regular basis regarding measures of portfolio investment valuation;
- Serving as Agent of the Fonds in some assessment committees of regional or specialized funds, or as Representative to some associations and venture capital organizations;
- Taking part in any project where your expertise is required.
Your strengths for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting;
- Professional designation CBV (Chartered Business Valuators) or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) and member in good standing of your professional association;
- Equivalencies of degrees are accepted;
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience, including a minimum of five (5) years in business assessment;
- Excellent knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques;
- Advanced knowledge of the tools and software required for the fulfillment of this role.
Fonds de solidarité FTQ is an employer of choice and to show you how important the talents who work in our company are, here is a part of the portfolio of benefits that will be added to your base salary:
- A comprehensive life insurance, health, dental and disability plan fully paid by the employer from the first day of employment;
- A set number of Fonds de Solidarité FTQ shares given annually;
- Four weeks’ vacation from the first day of employment (prorated in the initial year) and one professional vacation week as well;
- An annual bank of ten days that can be cashed out (seven sick/personal days and three floating days);
- A defined benefit pension plan;
- A parking space provided by the employer and/or Opus program for public transportation proponents;
- Access to an on-site gym facility, including kinesiology services.
At the Fonds you’ll find an ambitious, passionate team that shares common values, which are:
Respect for others, Integrity and Solidarity
With your expertise, come and help us contribute to drive the Québec economy by creating, maintaining or protecting jobs through investments.
Please send you application, with the position reference number DP262i, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the position. However, only the selected candidates will receive an acknowledgment of receipt.