JOIN OUR TEAM
The TELUS Corporate Affairs and Finance (CAF) organization leads all aspects of corporate finance processes for the CEO and CFO, including financial and treasury planning as well as corporate development. This team blends strategic planning and analysis, business valuation, project stewardship and financial accounting. The CAF Director – Strategic Financial Analysis undertakes complex financial analysis and valuation to advance our strategy and summarizes their work in a way that facilitates executive decisions and external reporting.
The impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Finance and Treasurer, this position also specifically supports the CFO, VP Corporate Development and VP Controllers with robust, insightful financial analysis. Working across the organization to answer these questions, the role is broad, the stakeholders diverse, and the forums, topics, and deliverables, cross-functional and collaborative. This leader is adaptable, earns trust quickly, and is not afraid to push for change or roll up their sleeves to deliver exceptional work products. The Director Strategic Financial Analysis is a detail oriented enthusiastic individual with intellect, tact and drive to lead the Strategic Financial Analysis team for TELUS.
• Known for working independently and collaboratively with the Strategic Financial Analysis team
• Respected for collaborating with Corporate Planning, M&A, Strategy, Taxation, Treasury, Corporate Accounting and multiple business units partners
• Noted for your financial modelling, analysis and valuation skills deftly employed within a multi-departmental transaction team and during assessments of potential strategic initiatives including acquisitions and divestitures
• Sought out for the preparation and documentation of purchase price allocations for acquisitions and precise reviews with TELUS management and external auditors
• Confident development of concise strategic analysis for inclusion in comprehensive presentations to brief senior executives on potential opportunities
• Known for the maintenance and enhancement of the TELUS Consolidated financial model including financing, tax, balance sheet, and cash flow components
• Recognized for your support in the coordination and development of TELUS’ Strategic Financial Plan and related deliverables, including comprehensive executive financial plan briefings and presentations
• Noted for your support of the treasury team initiatives including financing plans and credit rating agency deliverables
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
• With 9+ years of experience in financial modeling, accounting, valuation, financial analysis, or transaction role(s)
• Acknowledged for strong accounting and financial acumen
• Regarded for expertise in financial analysis and modeling methodologies with the ability to develop sophisticated financial analysis and driver based discounted cash flow models
• Confident in synthesizing complex information into meaningful information and recommendations
• Recognized for excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach to working on extended virtual teams and communicating effectively with all levels including senior management and executives
• Known for expertise with MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Expertly sees the big picture and has a demonstrated ability to prioritize what matters most to help drive results
• Develops structure and provides guidance for your direct team and across the organization
• Respected for the ability to manage large deliverables, often simultaneously, and drive themselves and others through iterative processes
• Known as a passionate team leader with a desire to influence beyond their direct team
• A CPA designation
• Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-AB-Edmonton
Other Locations : CA-ON-Toronto, CA-BC-Vancouver
TELUS Careers: https://www.telus.com/en/ab/careers/why-telus/