The British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC), located in Victoria, BC Canada, offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. Our investments span the world. bcIMC’s major clients are pension plans, and the work that we do helps to secure the retirements of hundreds of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work here are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share bcIMC’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip bcIMC for the future.
With $135.5 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2017, we are positioning ourselves to manage over $200 billion within the next decade. bcIMC is a professional investment management corporation that globally invests pension and related funds of the British Columbia public sector. We invest in all major asset classes, including fixed income, infrastructure and renewable resources, mortgages, and private equity, public equities and real estate.
The Private Equity team is growing rapidly to deliver on bcIMC’s strategic pivot towards more internal and active management of assets. The team primarily focuses on direct and co-sponsorship leveraged buyout transactions worldwide, though will also consider distress for control, mezzanine and select external fund commitments. The private equity portfolio is currently $7.8 billion and is expected to grow considerably in the coming years as bcIMC’s clients look to increase their exposure to private assets.
Private Equity is looking for an Analyst to join its team in Victoria. The Analyst plays a key role with Principals, Portfolio Managers and Sr. Portfolio Managers on deal teams to:
- Screen, diligence and support the execution of new investments, often in collaboration with outside commercial, legal and financial advisors
- Build financial models to support valuation conclusions and evaluate debt financing options
- Monitor existing investments by working closely with portfolio company management and board of directors
- Lead various sector analyses and stay abreast of industry trends
bcIMC’s Private Equity team places particular emphasis on developing the Analyst’s skills as an investor and offers the opportunity for significant responsibility and high exposure (both internally and externally) throughout the entire transaction process from origination to exit.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An undergraduate degree with high academic standing
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience (e.g. investment banking, management
consulting, private equity, corporate M&A, accounting, etc.)
- Strong financial modelling, analytical, valuation and research skills, including
experience building and evaluating LBO models
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high performance culture
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Authorization to work in Canada
- CFA (or working towards), CPA or Master’s degree in business/economics
considered an asset
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bcimc.com/res_joblist.html.
bcIMC provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health plans, and a defined benefit pension plan. Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification, to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status, and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with bcIMC? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://careers.bcimc.com.