OMERS Strategic Investments
OMERS Strategic Investments was conceived in 2008 and formally established in January 2009 as an innovative concept under the OMERS enterprise-wide Strategic Plan approved by the OAC Board. OMERS Strategic Investments is not an investment entity whose primary focus is to source and manage investment assets. Rather, its mission is to drive certain corporate initiatives that will position OMERS as a global player, incubate investment platforms that do not logically fit under the mandates of OMERS existing Investment Entities and further differentiate OMERS from conventional pension funds by burnishing its reputation as a pension-based investment enterprise unlike any other in the world.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Investments, the Analyst, Investments will provide support in monitoring the existing portfolio investments and assessment of potential investments.
- Review financial reports prepared by portfolio companies’ management and prepare investment monitoring memorandums that include analyses of operating results and variances (E.g. actual vs. budget)
- Provide support in quarterly and annual valuations of the portfolio companies – updating financial information and projections, discount rates, etc.
- Use key insights from industry and company analyses to develop financial models for assessment of potential investments
- Provide support in due diligence on investment opportunities
- Conduct critical review of the integrity of detailed investment models prepared by external parties in order to assist with the assessment of potential investments
- Conduct industry and company research, update Senior Manager on company/industry developments
- Provide support in the preparation of internal documentation for new investments
- Other responsibilities include assistance in special projects
- Coordinate and work with Finance, OSI in providing any analysis or information required for financial reporting.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of relevant industry experience in private equity, investment banking or business valuations
- Education: Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business or Accounting. Enrolment into CBV or CFA program would be an asset
- Solid understanding of fundamental investment analysis, business valuation theory and techniques
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Strong team player with a high degree of initiative and the ability to work independently
To apply for this position, please visit our careers section on www.omers.com to setup a profile and submit your resume and cover letter.