Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young’s people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our growing Business Modelling group is looking for a Senior Manager to develop the western Canadian segment of our Business Modelling business. The successful candidate will be a skilled financial modeller who will take primary responsibility for the delivery of high quality business modelling services. Business modelling services include the development for clients of financial models for management planning; mergers and acquisitions; tax and financial reporting; valuations; and litigation matters.
You will be responsible for the design, construction and review of well structured spreadsheet based models. These models will be used for a range of applications including operations and strategic planning, decision analysis, mergers and acquisitions, tax, financial reporting, valuations, litigation matters, and project finance. You will be responsible for generating new sales opportunities and marketing our services in western Canada. You will also be required to manage and lead other business modelling professionals on a day-to-day basis on multiple engagements.
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams
- Identify issues and propose solutions
- Be expected to prepare written reports and detailed financial models with minimal supervision
- Listen to clients and address their needs
- Develop positive, productive and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Foster teamwork and show responsibility towards engagement team members
- Stay up to date on business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
We are interested in candidates who have technical skills as follows:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, finance or accounting with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- A professional qualification such as a CA, CMA, CFA or FRM (or comparable academic status)
- Superior MS Excel skills
- Experience with developing MS Access and SQL databases
- Experience with computer programs such as FINCAD, Crystal Ball and @Risk.
- Programming experience in scripting / computer languages such as MatLab, VBA or C++
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Prior financial modelling experience gained in venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, strategy, financial research, etc.
- Strong financial modelling skills with the ability to create both valuation and financial models based on a description of a client’s strategic operational and financial business plans
- An ability to synthesize client information and understand key business drivers
- The ability and flexibility to work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables, and manage time spent against budget
- A demonstrated ability to manage other professionals on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, communication, organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines in our Transaction Advisory Services practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary.
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity
About Ernst & Young Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 144,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
Our Valuation & Business Modelling practice We are committed to providing the highest quality strategic valuation services for matters such as acquisitions, divestitures, financings, reorganizations, financial reporting, dispute resolution and decision making. The Valuation & Business Modelling team helps clients understand the value of their business, their securities, intellectual property, capital equipment, intangibles, and other assets. Our services include:
- Complex Securities Valuation – Valuation of derivative financial instruments and other complex financial assets for strategic planning, tax requirements, financial reporting requirements and a variety of other purposes, including public filings.
- Valuation Analysis and Estimates – Valuation of businesses, securities and intangible assets for strategic planning, tax reorganizations, financial reporting requirements, litigation and a variety of other purposes.
- Business Modelling – Model design, build and review of models for: decision analysis, risk assessment, business planning, financial reporting, asset management, and other complex data analysis requirements.
- Capital Equipment Appraisal – Appraisal of capital assets by accredited appraisers for financial reporting, tax filing, transactions and a variety of other purposes.
- Formal Valuation and Fairness Opinions – As may be required for compliance, independent boards, regulatory requirements, dispute settlements or other purposes.
To apply to this position, please visit our career site at www.ey.com/ca/jobsearch and job posting CAL0005I